Escort Passport C65 – A Review
The Escort Passport C65
- Price: the price tag is $349.95 making it one of the cheaper radar detectors in the market.
- Bands: this product detect all bands of speed enforcement radar (X, K, Ka, and Ku).
- Voice Alerts: there are audible and visual band alerts, but these aren’t exactly “voice alerts”.
- False Alerts: AutoScan mode drastically reduces – but not eliminates – false alerts.
- Features: Includes Highway and City settings, as well as the SmartCord power adapter which can be used as a secondary control for the device (making control of the device very easy when it’s placed in a location that is hard to reach). All in all, not as impressive as some of the other models.
- Installation: The Passport C65 is windshield Mounted, consequently, using it is a bit clunky because it has to be mounted with a windshield suction cup system. That being Bodrum Escort said, the passport C65 can carried around and used in motorcycles or other vehicles
- GPS Technology: None available.
- Detectable: No stealth mechanisms.
- Database subscription: Since there is no GPS, this is irrelevant in this context
In summary: the C65 is a solid, basic radar detector that does its job but doesn’t have any of the fancy features that other radar detectors such as the 9500ci and 9500ix possess (such as GPS, Stealth capability, AutoLearn feature, etc). Although these are not crucial for the task it performs – it’s quite possible to enjoy a radar detector without these features – they certainly limit its effectiveness. That being said, if you want a good solid radar detector for a very reasonable price and aren’t too considered with these “fancy” features, the passport C65 is the radar detector for you. Our overall score is 3.5/5.0 primarily for the lack of features which the low price doesn’t compensate for (if you add a mere $40 you can get a far superior radar detector).